People who give generously to improve the community often wonder what happens to their donations after they provide their gift. At United Way of Martin County, donors and supporters have the unique opportunity to help decide how United Way funds are invested by serving on a Citizen Review Panel.
We will soon be forming the Citizen Review Panels for the funding year 2017 - 2018.
What do citizen review volunteers do?
- Review grant application instruments
- Conduct agency site visits
- Recommend evaluation scores for each program
How much time does it take?
- Training provided on Thursday, April 6th at IRSC – Chastain Campus – Wolf Technology Center – 2400 Salerno Rd.
- For each program you agree to review:
- One to two hours to review grant application materials
- One half-day (approximately 5 hours) to conduct the agency site visit and deliberations. Save The Date between Monday, April 17th through Friday, May 12th
What qualifications do I need to do this job?
Knowledge or experience that is aligned with one or more of the following areas:
- Community Needs (i.e. knowledge of community collaborations, needs assessments, census data, direct client service, etc.).
- Results Driven (i.e. outcome measurements, data collection, program evaluation, etc.).
- Diversity and Inclusion (equal opportunity or accessibility expertise, familiarity with disproportionality, experience with inclusion efforts, etc.).
- Governance (i.e. board of director’s experience, strategic planning, bylaw review, committee work, etc.).
- Management (human resources experience, volunteer management, knowledge of public relations or marketing, program leadership or supervision, etc.).
- Finances (knowledge of financial ratios, annual audits, bookkeeping, experience in nonprofit finances or financial management, etc.).
To register as a United Way Citizen Review Panel Volunteer, please log into the e-CImpact website or create a new account if you are not registered (below) and complete the registration form. Please use your email address as your username.772-283-4800, ext. 221 or email@example.com.